What is WRAP?
- Wellness Recovery Action Planning
- Peer developed/led wellness focused education
- Came about when Mary Ellen Copeland started to ask other peers – “what helps you to get and stay well?”
How do I find out more about WRAP?
- www.copelandcenter.com (Mary Ellen Copeland site)
- www.mentalhealthrecovery.com (general WRAP info – US site)
How do I do WRAP?
- Buy a WRAP book (available at Cavershams)
- Do it online (material available at above site)
- One – to – One (work with someone who is practicing their own wrap or with a certified facilitator)
- Find a group led by a certified peer facilitator (typically free or PWYC, materials provided to participants)
Remember – it’s not about writing a WRAP, it’s about actually doing it – every day
Who offers WRAP in this area?
What happens next?
- Look for a follow up group or a WRAP support group to continue building your WRAP!